JUNIOR FRONT-END DEVELOPER
Remote Role (US Preferred)
Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental) venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group) and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. And remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious, self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
- Work closely with developers and designers to guide front-end decisions on a daily basis.
- Build and maintain web applications that adhere to modern front-end best practices and technologies.
- Turn UI/UX designs into functional prototypes that provide excellent interactions for users.
- Participate in a collaborative and continuous code review process; the whole team is responsible for knowing and ensuring code quality for the entire project.
- Work closely with QA and DevOps teams to ensure code is well tested and follows deployment guidelines.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies.
– Mandatory Skills
- HTML (you care about clean markup/semantic HTML)
- CSS and modern CSS technologies (CSS-in-JS, Sass, Tailwind, PostCSS)
- Vue.js or similar frontend frameworks (React, Angular, Ember, Svelt)
- RESTful services & APIs
- Web dev standards (Responsive, Mobile, Cross-Browser)
- Git / Version control
– Preferred Skills
Bonus points for experience in the following areas:
- Web Application Frameworks (Django, Ruby on Rails, Angular, Express.js)
- PostgreSQL or similar relational database management systems
- Additional development tools and languages (e.g. Android Studio, Python, Golang, etc.)
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings
- You take pride and responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
Vinli offers competitive benefits such as health care* (including medical, dental, and vision) and a highly flexible PTO policy. In addition, we will work with you to support individual career development opportunities such as conferences, advanced training, and certifications. Vinli transitioned to fully remote operations in March 2020, but we have a longstanding history of operating & supporting successful remote teams to drive a productive, professional, and enjoyable remote work culture.
*Health care benefits apply to US employees only. Alternative UK/EU related benefits available, details provided upon request.
EEO Policy Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Vinli Core Values
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do at Vinli is our way of building trust among our team members, partners, investors and vendors. We believe that maintaining integrity requires an openness and empathy in sharing goals and challenges with others.
- Drive to Innovate – People at Vinli don’t just love to learn, they feel compelled to use their knowledge to make our Company and the world a better place. We believe in learning from our mistakes and always challenging ourselves to innovate - from the biggest product decisions to the smallest processes.
- Joyful Work Environment Loving where you work isn’t about ping pong tables and free snacks. It’s the feeling that you wouldn’t want to be on a project with any other team. It’s the feeling that you can get creative energy just by showing up to work. It’s the feeling that your entire team respects your life away from the job and understands how work impacts it. At Vinli, we believe in building camaraderie and joy in our environment by supporting and encouraging each other every day.