DEVELOPER SUPPORT ENGINEER
Remote Role (UK or Ireland Preferred)
Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental) venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group) and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. Remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious, self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
About The Role
This person will be a key member of our European technical team, which is responsible for delivering high quality support for Vinli’s products and services to meet our global customers' service level agreements and operational requirements. This is a critical part of our growing Customer Success team, acting as a local bridge between the customer facing team and the product development and technical team. To succeed in this role, you will need to work well in both reactive and proactive ways, solving customer support queries directly and working in conjunction with the US based development team to ensure workarounds and resolutions are implemented quickly and effectively.
We have an advanced SaaS product supporting the mobility industry, based on modern web technologies, including GoLang, NodeJS, VueJS, Docker, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Redis, ElasticSearch, and Google BigQuery.
You will work closely with key internal technical stakeholders across the teams and be a key role for working with our technical development and product teams in the US, and ensure critical customer issues are addressed quickly and effectively by collaborating with the product and development teams, in a global environment.
- Be the principal connection between customer success, engineering and product for ongoing issues
- Manage day-to-day technical problem resolution and escalations, as tier 3 technical support
- Proactively analyse application related issues and propose, test and implement solutions quickly
- Provide engineering technical support to our European marquee customers and partners
- Participate in a collaborative reviews with the product and technical teams
- Troubleshoot application support queries and identify root causes of problems
- Document support activities thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner
- Implement improvements based on customer feedback
- Build out knowledge base material for optimizing support processes
- 5+ years professional experience in development and engineering and technical support
- Customer-facing technical support experience with deep technical troubleshooting, 1+ years
- Experience with SaaS platforms and business applications, for B2B customers and users
- Strong technical software-related debugging skills
- Availability to provide after-hours support on a scheduled / non-scheduled basis
- Understanding of software development processes
- Strong understanding of, and experience working with, web APIs, integrations, and databases (SQL)
- Experience with one or more scripting languages like Python
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, major cloud platforms, and deployment techniques
- Full-Stack programming experience
- Knowledge of common application deployment platforms and frameworks
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and other Atlassian products
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You can roll up your sleeves and work across different parts of the business
- You are customer focused and put the customer at the center of everything
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings
- You feel pride & responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
- You are capable of independently prioritising your duties and still work well with a team
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism
Vinli offers competitive benefits through remote work, workplace pension scheme, and a highly flexible holiday/PTO policy. In addition, we will work with you to support individual career development opportunities such as conferences, advanced training, and certifications. Vinli transitioned to fully remote operations in March 2020, but we have a longstanding history of operating & supporting successful remote teams to drive a productive, professional, and enjoyable remote work culture.
EEO Policy Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Vinli Core Values
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do at Vinli is our way of building trust among our team members, partners, investors and vendors. We believe that maintaining integrity requires an openness and empathy in sharing goals and challenges with others.
- Drive to Innovate – People at Vinli don’t just love to learn, they feel compelled to use their knowledge to make our Company and the world a better place. We believe in learning from our mistakes and always challenging ourselves to innovate - from the biggest product decisions to the smallest processes.
- Joyful Work Environment – Loving where you work isn’t about ping pong tables and free snacks. It’s the feeling that you wouldn’t want to be on a project with any other team. It’s the feeling that you can get creative energy just by showing up to work. It’s the feeling that your entire team respects your life away from the job and understands how work impacts it. At Vinli, we believe in building camaraderie and joy in our environment by supporting and encouraging each other every day.