SCRUM MASTER / AGILE PROJECT MANAGER
Remote Role, US Preferred
Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers, and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental), venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group), and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. And remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
About The Role
Vinli is looking for exceptional talent to add to an already amazing team. In this role, you will be supporting the implementation of Vinli’s strategic objectives by defining and guiding the use of simple, repeatable, and scalable methods for organizing, managing, and communicating Product and Managed Service initiatives to optimize team productivity and to predictably execute our commitments. There will be many opportunities to forge your own path and demonstrate individual excellence, all while pulling together with a team who is ready to support you and eager for your help. We practice Agile development in the true sense - adhering to the principles of Agile, not adhering to a specific methodology. And, we have a lot of fun. Join us in creating the future of mobility.
- Plan, communicate, execute, monitor, and control assigned projects to ensure that the defined goals and objectives are understood and accomplished within the specified and agreed-upon timeframes and funding parameters.
- Lead project planning efforts and prepare realistic resource, cost, and duration estimates.
- Work with resource managers to assign resources as per agreed-upon allocations and estimates.
- Communicate assigned tasks and associated milestones, and obtain timely statuses on the progress and completion of those tasks.
- Guide cross-functional teams in the effective employment of Agile principles and practices to develop defined products.
- Support the Product Owner and Product Manager in maintaining and refining the Product Backlog.
- Facilitate Agile events and other meetings: Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-ups, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives, Product Backlog grooming, Release Planning, etc.
- Help assigned teams perform at their highest levels and meet their committed goals by removing blockers, mitigating distractions, and providing support whenever and wherever needed.
- Track and report on defined metrics to help assigned teams to reflect and improve, as well as to gauge their ability to impact organizational success levers.
- Prepare and communicate project status reports for project teams, key project stakeholders, and Vinli management, to include budget and schedule status, resource constraints, risks, assumptions, issues, and dependencies.
- Employ the necessary amount of project configuration change management to ensure that projected/requested changes to baselined scope, schedule, and/or cost are controlled via clear communication and project sponsor approval.
- Manage the handoff of new products and features from Development to Customer Support via proactive communication and coordination to ensure a smooth transition upon the release of new products and features to Vinli customers.
- Promote continuous improvement of project management, product management, development, quality assurance, and support processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience.
- 4-8 years combined experience as an IT Scrum Master, Project Coordinator, or Project Manager.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing allocated project budgets, as well as resource capacity and demand.
- Ability to multi-task in a cross-functional environment, as well as to partner and collaborate across the organization to optimize outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish and maintain relationships and navigate formal and informal networks to create results.
- Strong negotiation, and conflict resolution capabilities at all levels of management.
- Strong written and oral communication, listening, and presentation skills.
- Ability to use good judgment in conveying status and problem escalation.
- Ability to coach and mentor team members.
- Highly adaptable to changing environments, handling pressure, and adjusting plans to meet changing needs.
- Ability to work remotely with little direct supervision, and capable of using all Vinli communication tools.
- Current or former Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You thrive in environments that require collaborative problem solving.
- You prefer to spend your time delivering high quality work that will help to accelerate growth instead of functioning purely as a task master.
- You feel pride & responsibility seeing the fruits of the plans you’ve worked on.
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team.
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
Vinli offers competitive benefits such as health care* (including medical, dental, and vision) and a highly flexible PTO policy. In addition, we will work with you to support individual career development opportunities such as conferences, advanced training, and certifications. Vinli transitioned to fully remote operations in March 2020, but we have a longstanding history of operating & supporting successful remote teams to drive a productive, professional, and enjoyable remote work culture.
EEO Policy Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Vinli Core Values
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do at Vinli is our way of building trust among our team members, partners, investors and vendors. We believe that maintaining integrity requires openness and empathy in sharing goals and challenges with others.
- Drive to Innovate – People at Vinli don’t just love to learn, they feel compelled to use their knowledge to make our Company and the world a better place. We believe in learning from our mistakes and always challenging ourselves to innovate - from the biggest product decisions to the smallest processes.
- Joyful Work Environment – Loving where you work isn’t about ping pong tables and free snacks. It’s the feeling that you wouldn’t want to be on a project with any other team. It’s the feeling that you can get creative energy just by showing up to work. It’s the feeling that your entire team respects your life away from the job and understands how work impacts it. At Vinli, we believe in building camaraderie and joy in our environment by supporting and encouraging each other every day.