QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
Remote Role (US Preferred)
Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental) venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group) and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. And remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious, self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
- Possess and utilize an understanding of application functionality from a user perspective.
- Develop and implement automated testing, test plans and test cases at the functional and integration test levels.
- Thoroughly document test results and identify defects in the development cycle.
- Participate in daily standup to keep your teammates abreast of recent developments and issues.
– Mandatory Skills
- Experience in Quality Assurance.
- Basic coding skills, including the ability to program in at least once script language.
- Experience with open-source automated testing tools.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and the ability to perform HTTP requests from the command line or a tool like Postman.
- Ability to use the command line.
- A sense of pride and a strong desire to ensure bug-free code is being deployed on a daily basis.
– Preferred Skills
- Experience with automated testing tools (such as selenium, cypress, mocha, chai, jest, etc).
- Experience with Jira, TestRail, and Git.
- Some familiarity with cloud computing, docker, and kubernetes.
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings
- You take pride and responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
Vinli offers competitive benefits such as health care* (including medical, dental, and vision) and a highly flexible PTO policy. In addition, we will work with you to support individual career development opportunities such as conferences, advanced training, and certifications. Vinli transitioned to fully remote operations in March 2020, but we have a longstanding history of operating & supporting successful remote teams to drive a productive, professional, and enjoyable remote work culture.
*Health care benefits apply to US employees only. Alternative UK/EU related benefits available, details provided upon request.
EEO Policy Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Vinli Core Values
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do at Vinli is our way of building trust among our team members, partners, investors and vendors. We believe that maintaining integrity requires an openness and empathy in sharing goals and challenges with others.
- Drive to Innovate – People at Vinli don’t just love to learn, they feel compelled to use their knowledge to make our Company and the world a better place. We believe in learning from our mistakes and always challenging ourselves to innovate - from the biggest product decisions to the smallest processes.
- Joyful Work Environment Loving where you work isn’t about ping pong tables and free snacks. It’s the feeling that you wouldn’t want to be on a project with any other team. It’s the feeling that you can get creative energy just by showing up to work. It’s the feeling that your entire team respects your life away from the job and understands how work impacts it. At Vinli, we believe in building camaraderie and joy in our environment by supporting and encouraging each other every day.