Remote Role (US Preferred)
Vinli’s team is transforming the mobility industry via our next generation data intelligence platforms. Our passion is building products and services that unlock the true value of connected cars by showing drivers, passengers and organizations the potential hidden within their vehicles' data. We were founded in 2014 and are backed by some of the biggest names in transportation (Cox Auto, Samsung, Continental) venture capital (First Round Capital, Westly Group) and energy (E.ON). We are partnered with some of the largest players in the mobility industry – including ALD Automotive. Remote work has been a successful part of our cultural DNA since long before 2020. Future members of our team should be intellectually curious, self-starters whose work history demonstrates the courage to create and the maturity required to bring products to market.
About The Role
Vinli is looking for an exceptional talent to add to an already amazing team. You’ll have the chance to work with the latest technologies - GoLang based microservices in a true, cloud-based, big-data application environment. You’ll work in partnership with a group of amazing engineers with expertise in designing and building beautiful customer experiences and structuring the data to support them. There will be many opportunities to forge your own path and demonstrate individual excellence, all while pulling together with a team who is ready to support you and eager for your help. We practice Agile development in the true sense - adhering to the principles of Agile, not adhering to a specific methodology. And, we have a lot of fun. Join us in creating the future of mobility
- Develop user and business-facing applications designed for scale and performance using technologies such as Go, Node.js, and Python.
- Understand and utilize Vinli’s public and internal sets of RESTful APIs.
- Build and maintain highly scalable backend systems using a microservices architecture.
- Research new technologies; provide ideas for technical and/or workflow & process improvements.
- Participate in a collaborative and continuous code review process; the whole team is responsible for knowing and ensuring code quality for the entire project.
- Working closely with QA and DevOps teams to make sure your code flows smoothly through testing and deployment to production.
- Continue to take responsibility for code after it is deployed to production.
- Keep pace with daily code releases to production.
- We want to see a portfolio of applications you have built that clearly demonstrates your coding proficiency, eye for quality, understanding of security, and attention to performance. Preferred sources: Github profile, public blog, etc.
- Bachelor of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years professional experience in software development and architecture
- Experience developing web applications that are proven in production to scale horizontally
- Preference for code that is clean, modular, and well-tested
- Experience with RESTful API principles and working knowledge of common authentication/authorization practices
- Experience with RDMS and NoSQL databases in production
- Experience with some subset of Go, Node.js, Python
- Docker and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Event bus oriented architectures like AMQP (RabbitMQ) or Kafka
- Data stores such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, and Google BigQuery
- Vue.js, React, Ember, or Angular
About Our Ideal Candidate
- You thrive in challenging environments that require collaborative problem solving.
- You prefer to spend your time coding and collaborating, not in meetings.
- You feel pride & responsibility seeing the product you worked on meet the real world for the first time.
- You are capable of independently prioritizing your duties and still work well with a team.
- You can both accept and provide thoughtful, respectful constructive criticism.
Vinli offers competitive benefits such as health care* (including medical, dental, and vision) and a highly flexible PTO policy. In addition, we will work with you to support individual career development opportunities such as conferences, advanced training, and certifications. Vinli transitioned to fully remote operations in March 2020, but we have a longstanding history of operating & supporting successful remote teams to drive a productive, professional, and enjoyable remote work culture.
*Health care benefits apply to US employees only. Alternative UK/EU related benefits available, details provided upon request.
EEO Policy Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, veteran status, age, pregnancy status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, or any other characteristics protected by law. We also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under laws protecting the rights of the disabled.
Vinli Core Values
- Integrity – Doing what you say you will do at Vinli is our way of building trust among our team members, partners, investors and vendors. We believe that maintaining integrity requires an openness and empathy in sharing goals and challenges with others.
- Drive to Innovate – People at Vinli don’t just love to learn, they feel compelled to use their knowledge to make our Company and the world a better place. We believe in learning from our mistakes and always challenging ourselves to innovate - from the biggest product decisions to the smallest processes.
- Joyful Work Environment – Loving where you work isn’t about ping pong tables and free snacks. It’s the feeling that you wouldn’t want to be on a project with any other team. It’s the feeling that you can get creative energy just by showing up to work. It’s the feeling that your entire team respects your life away from the job and understands how work impacts it. At Vinli, we believe in building camaraderie and joy in our environment by supporting and encouraging each other every day.